New patients considering therapy of their spider or varicose veins should ask the following crucial questions before choosing a treatment facility:
These seven questions will hopefully provide patients the necessary information to help them receive high quality comprehensive care of their vein problems. Don’t be afraid to ask these questions, the results may surprise you!
- Does the treating physician specialize in Vein Disorder Medicine or is this something they occasionally dabble with on the side?
- Does an M.D. personally evaluate, diagnose, perform treatments, and provide follow-up care?
- Does a non-physician ancillary staff member simply perform injections or laser treatments without the patient even being evaluated by the physician?
- Are treatment options offered and fully discussed or does every patient get identical nonindividualized care?
- Does the facility have the proper diagnostic equipment to properly treat both complex and simple vein problems?
- Does the facility simply treat what they see on the skin or do they carefully evaluate for the underlying cause?(I.e. feeding vessels with advanced diagnostic equipment like Veinlites or Colorflow duplex ultrasound machines)
- Is the Physician Board Certified in Phlebology?
Request a Consultation
Fill out the form below to reach Elite Vein Specialists online or call:Walnut Creek – 925) 231-7590
San Francisco – (415) 614-4264
S.B., Lafayette, CA
My large ugly varicose veins were gone with one treatment of foam sclerotherapy. I cried because I was so happy that my legs look normal again. I called Dr. Hyde because I was so excited with my results. He and his staff have been just lovely.